‘Saltinbocca’ alla friulana – Manu’s way
INGREDIENTS (x4 persons):
- - 4 thin veal cutlets
- - 4 slices of Parma or San Daniele ham, very thinly cut
- - 3 tablespoons of non-salted butter
- - 2 or 3 sage leaves
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Gently melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a deep pan with the leaves of sage.
- 2. Fry the veal cutlets without adding any salt.
- 3. Turn them and put a slice of the ham on top of each one. Two minutes per side are enough to get them done.
- Serve it warm with the butter sauce.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - You can find the ham in local shops either already sliced in a pack, or sliced for you at the meat counter.
- - A nice alternative is to drizzle some dry white wine to the veal, just before adding the ham. This gives a little extra flavour to the dish!