Spaghetti in a cream of aubergine and pecorino
INGREDIENTS (x 4 persons):
- - 2 medium size black aubergines
- - 425 ml tomato sauce
- - 2 garlic cloves
- - extra virgin olive oil
- - salt/pepper
- - 1 large handful of grated mature Pecorino romano cheese or 3 teaspoons of creamy Cacio or Pecorino cream
- - 1 handful of Greek black olives, w/o pits, thinly chopped
- - 350 g of spaghetti pasta
- - sea salt
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Start by chopping the aubergines into dices and place them in a separate bowl.
- 2. Separately, in a frying pan, sweat the garlic cloves in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 3. Then add the aubergines dices and the tomato sauce. Adjust with some salt and cook at medium heat for about ½ hour, covering the pan with a lid.
- 4. When the aubergines have become softer, take a mixer and smash the sauce into a uniform cream.
- 5. In the meanwhile, put a deep pan of water on a fire, cover with a lid and let it get up to boil. When boiling, bring down to a gentle boil and add a handful of sea salt. Let the water get back to boiling before adding the spaghetti.
- 6. Put the pasta into the boiling water and let it cook until ‘al dente’. When ready, drain it and mix it into the frying pan with the creamy sauce.
- 7. Add the pecorino cheese in spoons, or grated, and serve it with a drizzle of olive oil.