Panfried potatoes/Patate “in tecia”
INGREDIENTS (x 6 persons):
- - 8 big white potatoes
- - a bunch of fresh rosemary
- - extra-virgin olive oil
- - salt/black pepper
- - roast herbs seasoning (optional)
- - 2 garlic cloves, with the skin
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Before starting, wash the potatoes and cut them into big chunks. Keep them into a bowl filled with water until the moment you cook them.
- 2. In the meanwhile, press the garlic cloves (including their skins) by using a knife and stew them up quickly into a non-sticky frying pan.
- 3. Take the potatoes out of the water, transfer them into the pan and season them according to your taste with rosemary, salt, and –if available- the roast herbs (optional). Cook them at high heat until nicely roasted, turning them from time to time to let them roast on different sides.
- 4. When they are well cooked, cover the pan with a lid and let them stay there to soften for at least 10-15 minutes. Serve them warm.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - This recipe is a quick version of the ‘Roasted Potatoes’, traditionally prepared in the oven.
- - Do not be scared to undercook your potatoes when you notice they get well done on all sides. Covering them with a lid and letting them stay still will give them the required time to soften up.
- - Try not to exceed with the roast herb seasoning as they could be already salted and then alter the taste of the dish. If available in your area, there is a nice, ready-to-use Italian mix called ‘Ariosto’ which works really well. Nonetheless, the dish comes out well without any herbs anyway.