Light breaded crispy chicken and thyme
INGREDIENTS:(x 2 persons)
- - 2 free-range chicken breasts
- - 100 g plain breadcrumbs
- - 1 handful of oregano or thyme
- - salt
- - extra-virgin olive oil
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Slice the chicken breasts into small fillets or slices.
- 2. Place the breadcrumbs with the oregano on a plate or in a box. Put the chicken into the mix and make sure all sides of the chicken are covered with the breadcrumbs. Then keep the chicken aside.
- 3. In the meanwhile pre-heat a non-sticky griddle pan. When the pan is hot, reduce the heat and cook the chicken until the colour is gold and it looks crispy.
- 4. Adjust with salt and a drizzle of olive oil just before serving. Super easy and yummy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - This recipe could be a good tip for a light, quick lunch.
- - I suggest adding the salt only at the end to avoid the meat to get to stiff while cooking.
- - A nice alternative is with turkey fillets.
- - If you like a slightly stronger flavour, spread a hint of mustard on the chicken before rolling them into the breadcrumbs.
- - It is nicely served with a fresh mixed salad and tomatoes, simply dressed with extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt, and eventually some mixed seed on top.
- ‘Buon appetito’!