Fresh red cabbage salad with feta and apple
INGREDIENTS (x4 persons):
- - 25 g of walnuts
- - ½ red cabbage finely shredded
- - 2 sticks celery, sliced
- - 2 Pink lady apples, thinly sliced
- - 150 g Greek feta, crumbled
- - 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard with honey
- - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 tbsp lemon juice
- - salt/pepper q.b.
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Put the cabbage, celery, apple and feta in a large serving bowl and scatter over the chopped walnuts.
- 2. Add the onion, according to your preference.
- 3. Whisk together the olive oil with the lemon and the mustard, salt/pepper. Pour it on the salad. Mix all the ingredients and wait for at least one hour before serving it. Enjoy!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - Start slicing and chopping the veggies while preparing other dishes or laying the table. The ingredients get more flavour when you mix them together some time before serving.
- - If you do not find the Pink Lady apples in your local supermarket, try to get another type of apples which keeps giving to your salad the original fresh, fruity and crunchy sensation.
Leave a Reply