Fine green beans in tomato sauce
INGREDIENTS (x 4 persons):
- - 280 g fine green beans
- - 3 shallots, thinly chopped
- - 350 g Tomato sauce ‘Passata rustica’
- - 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- - 1 handful of oregano
WHAT TO DO:
- This one is very simple and very quick! Perhaps one for the guys ;-).
- 1. Start by peeling off the tips of the fine green beans. Wash the beans carefully and let them drain in a colander.
- 2. Then put some olive oil in a frying pan and stew the shallots until they are light brown.
- 3. Add the fine green beans, the tomato sauce, oregano and salt. Let everything cook for 15-20 minutes. The sauce will reduce and get creamier.
- Serve it preferably warm even though it could be tasty cold as well.