Chicken thighs with ‘Pancetta’ and potatoes
INGREDIENTS (x 2 persons)
- - 4 organic chicken thighs (around 500g)
- - 8 thin slices of Italian Pancetta ham (or Bacon)
- - 4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- - 4 big potatoes
- - 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- - a handful of sage leaves
- - rosemary
- - 1 glass dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- - extra virgin olive oil
- - salt/ground black pepper
- - mixed roast herbs (if available)
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Peel the potatoes, wash them in cold water and chop them in fairly large chunks.
- 2. Wash and peel off the chicken tighs’ skin, making sure you remove the excess fat. Make a few small cuts in the chicken and gently spread with your hands a teaspoon of mustard on each piece.
- 3. Now wrap each thigh with two slices of Pancetta and place it on a baking tray on a previously oiled kitchen paper. Add the chopped potatoes and season them generously with salt/pepper, sage and rosemary, and the slices of garlic. If available, season the potatoes with the roast herbs. Sprinkle everything with olive oil first, and the glass of wine later.
- 4. In a pre-heated oven at 180° degrees cook the dish for about 45-50 minutes, making sure you use some of the sauce coming out from the chicken thighs. When ready, eat immediately.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - This is an easy recipe and very tasty.
- - I have chosen for the Dijon mustard as it is stronger than other kinds of mustard, but it is up to you to go for something less strong.
- - Be generous with the herbs and dressing. They get into the chicken and flavour the potatoes as well!
Leave a Reply