Chicken chunks and avocado salad
INGREDIENTS (x 4 persons):
- - 1 large head of Iceberg lettuce, in small chops
- - 2 fillets of organic chicken breasts
- - ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- - 10 cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- - 1 handful of flat parsley
- - 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- - 1/2 freshly-squeezed large lemon juice
- - 3-4 slices of Italian pancetta slices
- - 1 small, mature avocado pulp, into small pieces
- - 1 garlic clove (optional)
- - extra-virgin olive oil
- - salt
- - freshly ground black pepper
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. Preheat the barbecue, or griddle, to high temperature. Grill the chicken breast fillets until golden, then set these aside.
- 2. Meanwhile combine the lettuce with the peppers, the avocado, the cherry tomatoes with the sunflower seeds and the parsley. After this add the chicken, chopped into small bits.
- 3. In a separate non-sticky pan, cook the pancetta slices at high heat until crispy. Remove and place them on a kitchen paper foil to absorb the excess oil. Then cut them into small pieces.
- 4. Dress the salad with salt and pepper, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil and finish by garnishing with the pancetta crumbles. Enjoy your party!
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - This dish is a very fresh, quick one for the summers.
- - You can use a fresh pepper or a grilled and peeled one, according to your taste and the time you have to prepare it.
- - It is not always easy to find Italian pancetta, or otherwise Italian speck ham, everywhere. In Northern countries, such as UK, bacon is a very good alternative.