Ricotta mousse, strawberries and mint
INGREDIENTS (x 6 persons):
- - 100 g powdered caster sugar
- - 300 g soft ricotta cheese
- - 100 g double cream
- - 2 tablespoons light and mild acacia honey
- - 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- - 500 g strawberries, sliced
WHAT TO DO:
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the caster sugar and the honey. Thoroughly mix it until all soft and creamy.
- 2. In a separate bowl whip the double cream up until it resembles a fluffy cloud then add it to the mix, stirring everything carefully.
- 3. You can serve the mousse just as it is by pouring a generous amount of it in a small serving cup. Decorate it with roughly cut strawberries and fresh mint leaves. Finish with a dust of caster sugar on top, if you like.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- - This recipe comes very nicely with any kind of fresh berries or other types of seasonal summer fruits you like, such as peaches.
- - You can give an extra sweet flavour to your mousse by adding a teaspoon of mild honey on top in place of the caster sugar dust.
- - In terms of flavour, I would suggest to use a double cream you can whip up instead of a ready-to-use whipped cream.